Monday, June 22, 2009

Holden Arboretum

Last Tuesday, we went to check out Holden Arboretum. Neither Crystal or I had ever heard of it before. I found out about it because Cleveland has one of those city passes for tourists and it was linked to from there. Now I feel I've been missing out on something for the past six years because I really enjoyed this place.

The best part of the arboretum was the butterfly garden. Even though there was not nearly as many butterflies as I would have hoped for, there were tons of beautiful flowers.
Holden Arboretum

Holden Arboretum

Holden Arboretum

The arboretum was brimming with wildlife. Chipmunks, squirrels, frogs, dragonflies, and a family of geese and their goslings. I thought we gave the geese a fair amount of distance but as we were walking away from them there was definitely a goose sound that could only be interpreted as "you better walk away, you don't want a piece of me".
Holden Arboretum

The ponds were teeming with frogs of every stage. Schools of the recently hatched, big tadpoles with and without limbs, and mature frogs.
Holden Arboretum

It was a great day and it makes me think I've probably been missing out on some other cool things to do around Cleveland.

As a bonus, here is a cute picture of our friends' son, Owen.
Owen

jwotd: hiko = boy

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a gorgeous day! My favorite picture is the last one though:)

    ReplyDelete